The LOtC Quality Badge, awarded by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom, provides for the first time a national award combining the essential elements of provision – learning and safety – into ONE easily recognisable and trusted accreditation scheme for ALL types of learning outside the classroom provider organisation.
The LOtC Quality Badge reduces the red tape associated with learning outside the classroom by making it easier for teachers and other education providers to incorporate LOtC into the everyday curriculum. This increases the likelihood of children having the opportunity to have wider educational experiences which directly benefit their educational, social and emotional development.
The Council for Learning Outside the Classroom is the managing and overall awarding body for the LOtC Quality Badge, which recognises providers offering good quality LOtC and managing risk effectively. As part of this process, the Council is working to reduce bureaucracy in schools, whilst maintaining safety and quality in learning.
8 things you should know about the LOtC Quality Badge
- The LOtC Quality Badge is the only nationally recognised indicator of good quality educational provision AND effective risk management.
- The award of the LOtC Quality Badge indicates that the provider understands schools’ needs and can tailor their offer to fit in with both current curriculum requirements and any specific requirements of the school.
- All types of provider organisation are subject to the same quality indicators and have to meet the same standards to achieve the award.
- By looking for the LOtC Quality Badge when selecting where to take young people, you can be assured of quality and safety across all sectors, from museums and art galleries to farms, adventurous activities and expeditions overseas.
- In March 2010 the Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel publically endorsed the LOtC Quality Badge and the majority of Local Authority Outdoor Education Advisers have indicated that they accept the award in place of some or all of their checks. You can view which Local Authority Outdoor Education Advisers support the LOtC Quality Badge by visiting the OEAP website.
- The LOtC Quality Badge reduces the red tape associated with learning outside the classroom, thereby making it easier for teachers to ensure that all children will get the opportunity to have wider educational experiences.
- There are currently over 850 external providers who have been awarded the LOtC Quality Badge, so wherever you are in the UK, or wherever you want to take your young people, there is an accredited provider.
- You can search for LOtC Quality Badge holders by area or by type, quickly and easily on the LOtC Quality Badge website.